The Student News Site of South Hills High

The Growl

The Growl

The Growl

Reflections from the class of 2024

As graduation approaches for the class of ‘24 many seniors reflect on their last four years of high school as they prepare for the next step of their education and begin their adult lives. 

Jeremy Saavedra (12) stated that graduation and becoming an adult seemed a little scary and unreal. He explained how he got through the end of his senior year and what he plans on doing soon after graduating. 

“As of now I’m just trying to get through these last couple weeks but after I’m taking a trip to Mexico for like three months, and then I’m going back to school, “ Saavedra said.

Michelle Barajas (12) has been involved in Pom, ASB, Yearbook, and AVID. Although she feels bittersweet about leaving, Barajas explained the endurance of blooming into adulthood and her anticipation for what is to come. 

“We’re officially entering adulthood and the real world and I think that’s kind of scary but it’s also exciting because we’ll have more opportunities since we’ll be seen as adults now. I’m excited to finally be done and out of high school, I personally am excited to see what the real world has because everyone’s experiences are going to be so different but it is what you make it, “ Barajas said. 

Brendan Arellano (12) has been a part of the South Hills soccer team and the class of ‘24 prom court. Although Arellano has felt sad about leaving some friends, he has explained how he is looking forward to the end of his senior year and what the future has in store for him. 

“After graduating I’m going to LaVerne to major in kinesiology and play soccer. Right now I’m looking forward to going to Disneyland on the 31st and enjoying the celebrations after graduation, “ Arellano said. 

Kristian Morales (12) expressed the unreal feeling of ending high school. Morales explained what he will be doing once he graduates and what he plans to major in. 

“Honestly, graduating doesn’t feel real yet; it hasn’t hit me that we’re not going to see each other, everyday. After high school though, I plan to attend USC and study pre-law, “ Morales said. 

Alejandro Garcia (12) played for the South Hills soccer team. Garcia explained the impact he has felt from the teachers at South Hills and his reflection on his Senior year. 

“It happened so fast, I’m excited but still a little sad that I’m not going to see everyone. I think a lot of teachers giving good advice and leading me in the right direction and having good friends impacted me most from high school, “ Garcia said. 

Donate to The Growl

Your donation will support the student journalists of South Hills High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.