The Student News Site of South Hills High

The Growl

The Growl

The Growl

Melanie Martinez announces Trilogy tour

Melanie Martinez announces her Trilogy Tour dates.
@littlebodybigheart on Instagram

Melanie Martinez came out with a new album Portals this year and she’s been on tour since. However, she recently announced that she will be doing a Trilogy tour which will include her Crybaby, K-12, and Portals albums.

Melanie Martinez is an alt-pop music artist who rose to fame in 2012 from being on “The Voice”, since then she has been putting out different albums and projects that follow the story of a girl named Crybaby going through her life. Melanie’s newest album Portals follows Crybaby in life after death. Melanie performs in a prosthetic mask, a bodysuit, and different outfits to put on her character of Crybaby but in her form after death. In the Portals concert, she sings and dances to the thirteen songs, plus three songs in the deluxe album.

Melanie started the Portals tour on May 30 and it’s set to end on February 6. Earlier, she stated that she would no longer perform any of her older songs. However, fans were excited to see that on November 9 she announced her Trilogy tour. A fan named Jadyn Holtzclaw (11), who attended her Portals tour and will later attend the Trilogy tour, was very excited to hear the news.

“I’ve liked Melanie since I was nine years old and being able to attend concerts of hers has had a major impact on me because she was what I grew up with,” Holtzclaw said. “Seeing her in person was comforting to me and gave me a joy like no other.” 

Many fans like Holtzclaw were very excited to hear that Melanie would be performing their old songs without prosthetics and costumes and were quick to buy tickets for the new tour. However, some fans are concerned about how the prices of the concerts are increasing.

According to Ticketmaster, Melanie Martinez Trilogy concert tickets could range anywhere from $60 to close to $1,000. For fans, trying to get a floor seat close to the stage, that means you have to spend $500 on one ticket alone.

The increase in prices for Melanie Martinez’s Trilogy tour is concerning to some fans who may not be able to afford the ticket along with merch, especially her newer, younger fans. However, based on the Portals tour, increasing ticket prices won’t stop most fans from purchasing them. Melanie fans are still super excited to hear songs from past albums along with her newer ones and they’ll pay any price to hear those songs live.

Tour dates and tickets are avaliable at https://www.melaniemartinezmusic.com/tour.

Donate to The Growl

Your donation will support the student journalists of South Hills High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.