The Student News Site of South Hills High

The Growl

The Growl

The Growl

Updates: Pokemon Presents 2024

Updates: Pokemon Presents 2024
https://www.pokemon.com/us

On February 27, known to Pokemon fans as Pokemon Day, the Pokemon Company released this year’s Pokemon Presents. There was much to uncover in areas like mobile games and shows, but for fans of the mainline games, this was definitely something exciting. 

The first thing presented in this year’s Pokemon Presents was a series of Tera Raid Battles, the opponents being the Kanto starters. The events have already passed, but if you don’t have the DLC, you could still get the three starters from trading with a friend or a Surprise Trade. 

Koraidon and Miraidon are also being introduced into Pokemon Cafe to help players prepare their meals. The three starters from Paldea, Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly are also getting new stylish costumes.

Another showcase was the collaboration between Pokemon Go and the Pokemon Horizons TV show, to bring Pikachu with Cap’s hat as an encounter in the game. Charcadet and its two evolutions, Armarouge and Ceruledge are also being added to the game. 

Miraidon, Ceruledge, and Flalinks are going to be obtainable in Pokemon Unite as fighters to help players. Miraidon has a code in the Pokemon Presents video so you can use it for three days, but be quick as this code is very limited. Both Ceruledge and Flalinks are characters on the main roster, like Greninja or Venasaur.

Even the spinoff games, like Pokemon Sleep, are getting new additions. The three legendary dogs, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are joining Pokemon Sleep to join players in their quest for daily hours of sleep to make sure they are recharged for the next day. 

New champions in Pokemon Masters EX will be introduced to the game, bringing in Silver (champion) and Geeta Silver is bringing his Tyranitar but this time, it can Mega Evolve. And Geeta is bringing her ace, Glimmorra into battle. Characters such as  Lillie and Lunala are returning.

The Pokemon Trading Card Game (TGC) community is getting something new in Pokemon TCG Pocket: they will have the option to view the card game on their phones. Features are being added to the game, like collecting cards and battling, but some bonus features are being introduced since the game will be on a player’s phone. 

Most Pokemon fans are excited about one particular game that was announced: Pokemon Legends Arceus. It will take place in the Kalos region and is now called Pokemon Legends Z – A. Something Pokemon fans are also excited about is that Mega Evolution is making its return as it was confirmed in the trailer. Fans are excited to see the Mega forms of their favorite Pokemon return after so long and wonder whether new Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions.  

If you want to learn more about what was presented in this year’s Pokemon Presents, I highly recommend checking out the Pokemon website or sources like Serebii.

Donate to The Growl

Your donation will support the student journalists of South Hills High. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.